One of the entrances to the Washington Mall is set to re-open after a major revamp.
The entrance at 9 Reid Street was closed earlier this year for the work which has seen the ceiling raised by almost three feet, new tiles put down and floor to ceiling windows installed – making the entrance much brighter.
Lisa Summers, Deputy General Manager, Washington Properties (Bermuda) Limited, said: “I think the entire entrance is now much more appealing to shoppers. It is bright and airy, and the new windows allow retailers to really show off their products.”
Other work has included renovating the elevator, installing new automatic doors and lighting. It is part of an $8 million refurbishment of the Mall which has included solar panels on the roof and new air conditioning for the entire building. Offices are also being renovated and turned into smaller units.
Mrs. Summers added: “The new shop fronts and floor tiles will set the standard for further renovations in the Mall.”
- Feature Photos Supplied
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)