Twelve participants in the Seniors’ Writing Workshop facilitated by Florenz Webbe Maxwell, and hosted by the Bermuda National Library (BNL), were awarded certificates of achievement this week by Education Minister Diallo Rabain.
The workshop ran for five weeks from in June at the Bermuda National Library. Participants met twice a week on Mondays and Fridays and were tasked with writing a memoir that they believe provided an inspirational message or lesson for young people. Seniors’ Writing Workshop was made available through a grant from the Department of Community and Cultural Affairs to the Friends of the Bermuda National Library.
Ms Joanne Brangman, Director of Libraries and Archives stated, “I want to thank the Department of Community and Cultural Affairs for providing the grant to the Friends of the Library that made this workshop possible. The dedication and enthusiasm displayed by these twelve senior citizens, ranging in age from 60 to 91 years, was an example to all of us who watched them turn up early each week for the workshop!”
It is planned that stories will be published in an anthology of Bermudian Memoir for Young People, edited by Mrs. Maxwell and Dr. Kim Dismont-Robinson.
- Brenda Wilson
- Dr. Muriel Wade Smith
- Lawrence Sticca
- Cecille Snaith-Simmons
- Claudette Cann
- Dr Arnold Hollis
- Rev Dr Gwyneth Lightbourne
- Gwendolyn de la Chevotiere Creary
- Ismay Cartwright
- Marlene Warren
- Frances Furbert
- Marion Matthews
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)