Hamilton, Bermuda — Hospitality stakeholders are invited to join a Bermuda Tourism Authority (BTA) webinar next week aimed at preparing the local industry for the second half of 2020.
The free, 90-minute ‘Tourism Readiness Webinar’, scheduled 12:30 pm to 2pm (ADT) Monday, June 29, will be an informative session to assist local stakeholders as Bermuda moves into Phase 4 of its economic reopening on July 1, with regular commercial air services resuming July 2. Interim CEO Glenn Jones will discuss airlift, traveller sentiment, and new border-entry requirements, while Chief Sales & Marketing Officer Victoria Isley examines the delicate challenge of marketing to travellers in an uncertain world.
Their presentation will be followed by an expert panel of thought leaders weighing in on current challenges and future opportunities. Webinar panellists include:
• Kendaree Burgess, CEO, Bermuda Chamber of Commerce
• David Dodwell, President, The Reefs Resort & Club, former tourism minister and founding BTA chair
• Rashida Godwin, Co-Owner, Titan Express
• David Kendell, Director, Department of Health
• Dr Cheryl Peek-Ball, Chief Medical Officer, Ministry of Health
• Aideen Ratteray-Pryse, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Tourism & Transport
“Now that visitors will slowly and gradually return to Bermuda in the coming weeks, our industry will begin to climb back on its feet. It’s the right time to look at the outlook and expectations for the next few months, including economic and public-health considerations,” said BTA Interim CEO Glenn Jones. “We’re pleased to bring together key partners from business, hotels and government to lend expertise to the conversation. Our hope is that stakeholders will get information they can use to better tackle the rest of the year.”
To join Monday’s free Tourism Readiness Webinar, please register here
- Top Feature Photo: Webinar panellists, from left: (top row) Aideen Ratteray-Pryse, David Dodwell, Kendaree Burgess, Glenn Jones; (bottom row) Victoria Isley, Dr Cheryl Peek-Ball, David Kendell, Rashida Godwin