“Minister Burch also stated that “this project really is the story of the two Carmen T’s – Carmen Trott & Carmen Tucker”.
“Bermudian Civil Engineer Carmen Trott led the team to rebuild the dock and Port Facilities Manager Carmen Tucker led the team to construct the terminal building. Of course they were assisted by a team of men and women from both the Ministry of Public Works and Wedco – but it is important to highlight their outstanding leadership of this project,” he said.
The Minister also thanked the Bermudian companies and staff “who have contributed to this exercise”, including:
“On the pier side:
- Crisson Construction Co. as General Contractor
- Island Construction Services Ltd. For trucking
- Onsite engineering – concrete testing
- Bermuda International Shippers Ltd. – shippers
- ABC Consulting – quantity surveying
- SAL – concrete supply
- MPW – highways and heavy equipment section
- MPW – Tynes Bay concrete truck drivers
- Stevedoring Services – numerous deliveries, especially the precast transfer from ship to barge
- BEST – shippers
And on the terminal side:
- Overnight Construction [General Contractor]
- ACS Ltd. [Electrical]
- Brunel Ltd. [Civil & Structural]
- Telford Electric [Electrical Engineer]
- BAC Ltd. [Plumbing & Mech. Engineer]
- H&H [Plumbing & Mechanical]
- Efficiency [Air Conditioning]
- Gray Co. [Roofing]
- Keen [Duct Works]
- Mobile Tech [CCTV/Cabling]
- A1 Fencing
- W&E Highways [Asphalting]
- Big Top Tents [Temporary tent building
The Minister also thanked “the operational staff who worked in and around the temporary structure since the dock was finished in April – the Seaport Security team, GET Security, HMS Customs, Department of Immigration, Wedco transport Coordinators and all the Tour operators, taxi and minibus operators”.
“This has been an incredible joint effort by majority Bermudian craftsmen and women who have delivered this project – on time and on budget,” he said.
“Thank you to them all.”
- Feature Photos Courtesy of DC Include: Minister Burch, the Minister of Tourism & Transport, Zane DeSilva, Collector of Customs, Lucinda Pearman, General Manager of Wedco Andrew Dias, Carmen Trott, Carmen Tucker, Sanz Pearman of Overnight Construction and various representatives of contractors involved in this project – The new terminal building received its first set of passengers Monday afternoon