A 24-year-old Sandys Parish man is due to be formally charged in Magistrates’ Court later this morning with the murder of Quan-Marley Lowe.
The Bermuda Police Service (BPS) confirmed last night that three suspects were arrested in connection with the vicious assault that resulted in the victim’s death.
A police spokesman said the other two were subsequently released on police bail, pending further inquiries.
Mr Lowe, a father of two, was 33 when he died just before what would have been his 34th birthday.
Acting Detective Inspector Jason Smith, who is heading up the investigation, thanked the public for their assistance.
“This inquiry remains active and has shown that when the police and public work together, we can solve these murders and bring to justice those responsible,” he said.
“We aware that there were between six and eight persons involved in the assault on Quan-Marley Lowe and so there are persons in our community that have yet to be held accountable.
“To that end, we are renewing our appeal for anyone with information to please come forward and assist by telling us what you know, no matter how insignificant you may believe that information to be,” he added.
Anyone with information on the matter is asked to call 211, the main police number, 295-0011 or, the independent and confidential Crime Stoppers number, 800-8477.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)