News Release: TUCKER’S TOWN, Bermuda – Rosewood Bermuda is pleased to introduce three new travel itineraries as part of the brand-wide Summer by Design, a collection of purpose-led journeys designed to encourage exploration, discovery and connection amongst affluential explorers across the globe.
Carefully curated to immerse guests in Bermuda’s wider culture and community, Rosewood Bermuda’s bespoke journeys fall into three distinct categories – The Timeless Traveller, rooted in the destination’s most iconic and historically significant experiences; Family Wanderlust, promoting hands-on, educational activities that foster cultural appreciation among multigenerational groups; and Curiosity Over Convention, showcasing unexpected interpretations of art, cuisine, wellness and sustainability to inspire internal growth. Each offering transformative and sustainable programming that not only expands guests’ worldviews, but also elevates the local community, the intentional itineraries spark an enriched approach to travel and to life.
“We are thrilled to launch these new experiences for our guests to enjoy as part of the Summer by Design program,” says Sascha Hemmann, managing director of Rosewood Bermuda. “These extraordinary journeys will open a brand-new door of discovery for visitors to Bermuda, showcasing the best that the island has to offer through a variety of cultural, culinary and nature-oriented escapes.”
Ideal for guests looking for long-term stays and quick weekend getaways alike, each of Bermuda’s Summer by Design journeys consists of both on- and off-property activities, giving guests flexibility while ensuring access to quintessential elements of the destination. All are rooted in the fundamental ethos of stimulating purpose-led travel and timeless exploration to develop deep ties for the traveler, whether with Bermuda’s culture and residents or his or her travel companions.
Available now through to September 6, the journeys include:
The Timeless Traveller
Highlighting each destination’s most iconic experiences and landmarks, these truly timeless journeys immerse guests in the culture and heritage of the locale, both on-property and in the community:
- Perfumery Masterclass at Lili Bermuda: Travelers may learn the art of perfumery and develop a custom fragrance, inspired by fresh sea salt, cedarwood and other luscious botanicals native to the island in a masterclass at Lili Bermuda.
- Crystal Caves Excursion: Descend into the island’s famous Crystal Caves, an underwater cave system named by the chandelier-like rock formations hanging above the perfectly blue pools of water.
- Shoreline Adventures: For adventures along the shore, guests may try their hand at stand-up paddle boarding, sea kayaking or snorkeling through the turquoise waters of the Atlantic.
- Heritage Tour: Some of the most iconic stops in Bermuda include exploring historic St. George’s Parish, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Dockyards, and other quintessential landmarks that have been on the island for many years.
- Bermuda Gardens: In season, verdant gardens and saltwater forts dot the island of Bermuda, from the Botanical Gardens to the manicured courts of the Masterworks museum to the Pentagon shaped Fort Hamilton with it’s moat now-turned forest, a labyrinth of tunnels and passageways leading to battlements that today offer 360-degree views of the island.
- Railway Trail Adventures: Adventurous travelers may traverse the heritage Railway Trail, taking in the scenes of the 18-mile railway, originally used for island resident transportation stemming from St. George’s to Somerset.
Designed for families to learn from and connect with each destination together, these journeys offer hands-on, educational activities to foster cultural appreciation and develop a lifetime affinity for travel in children and their parents:
- “Replanting” Snorkel Swims: Rosewood Bermuda’s youngest explorers are invited to unearth the treasures of the island through immersive experiences designed to inspire creativity, cultural awareness and appreciation for the environment through fantasy-filled fun. In partnership with Living Reefs Foundation, families can participate in the restoring of Castle Harbour’s coral reefs through “replanting” snorkel swims.
- Craft a Traditional Bermuda Kite: Family may spend the afternoon together learning the ancestral method to crafting a traditional Bermuda kite using techniques that have been passed down for generations, then taking the kite to the skies in a fun-filled day at the beach.
- Family Sailing Camp: Enjoyable for all ages and in near perfect conditions, parents and children can set sail along Bermuda’s crystal clear waters and steady ocean breezes in a Family Sailing Camp expedition.
- Parent’s Night Out: Parents may relax for a romantic evening while their kids make new friends through events including beach-themed “luau nights,” movies, scientific slime nights and fun and tasty “quiz night” dinners.
- Family Beach BBQ: Families are invited to the beach for a private BBQ, fit with a bonfire and s’mores to end a day of exploration together.
- Italian Cooking Class at Sul Verde: With the help of Sul Verde’s expert chefs, embrace the wholesome and rustic nature of Italian cuisine as the whole family prepares dishes including hearty pastas and fun, flavorful pizzas.
Curiosity Over Convention
Tapping local emerging voices and locales in the cultural, art, wellness and sustainable spaces, these journeys guide guests through unexpected and enriching experiences within each destination to promote internal growth and lasting, meaningful connections:
- Meditation with APEX 360: Guests may begin the day with a peaceful mediation session amidst the royal palms of the croquet lawn, hosted by local fitness studio APEX360.
- Masterworks Museum of Bermuda Art: The culture of the island can be explored through indigenous art pieces inspired by Bermuda’s rich history and heritage.
- Castaway Exploration Cruise: Departing directly from Rosewood Bermuda, this luxury cruise is the ideal way to experience Bermuda’s dramatic scenery with a glass of champagne in hand. Cruisers may hop off and snorkel through the turquoise waters to discover the beauty beneath.
- Beekeeper Body Experience: Inspired by the honeybee sustainability efforts of local partner Passion Fields Bermuda, this exfoliating spa treatment uses pure honey combined with raw cane sugar to exfoliate, moisturize and soothe the skin, leaving spa guests glowing after a day spent under the island sun.
- Gourmet Safari in the Chef’s Garden: A day of cultural indulgence is not complete without a culinary journey through classic Bermudian cuisine. This gastronomic experience begins with a rum tasting followed by a five-course Chef’s degustation dinner in the resort’s elegant Chef’s Garden overlooking Harrington Sound.
- Cooper’s Island Nature Reserve: Little-known Cooper’s Island Nature Reserve is a protected natural haven and the perfect blend of forest and beach, home to an array of bird species, walking trails and an observation tower for spotting whales during the migration season.
The unique Summer by Design journeys from Rosewood Bermuda are featured alongside journeys from 23 additional Rosewood properties worldwide. To view the complete list Summer by Design journeys, please visit www.rosewoodhotels.com/summerbydesign.
- About Rosewood Bermuda: Rosewood Bermuda is a renowned residential and resort community with breath-taking vistas of Castle Harbour, Harrington Sound and the Atlantic Ocean. Opened in 2009 as Rosewood Tucker’s Point, the property is one of Bermuda’s premier luxury resorts and was the island’s first-ever property to offer private residence club in addition to whole ownership homes. Rosewood Bermuda reopened in April 2018 following a comprehensive renovation that included a complete refresh of the resort’s guestrooms, new and elevated food and beverage outlets, expanded meeting spaces, and enhancements to Sense®, A Rosewood Spa, the Beach Club and the Golf Clubhouse. Upon reopening, the landmark property debuted to offer guests, homeowners and members new opportunities to relax, unwind and immerse themselves in the local culture.
Visit https://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/bermuda for additional information or follow the latest news through the hotel’s social media channels on Twitter & Instagram @RosewoodBermuda or on facebook.com/rosewoodbermuda.