News Release: HAMILTON, Bermuda – The Cabinet Office today reminded the public that this year’s Remembrance Day observance will be a closed event. There will be no public admission to the Cabinet Office grounds and the following streets will be closed from 9:30am on 11 November:
· Front Street between Queen and King Streets.
· Parliament Street between Front and Reid Streets.
· Court Street between Front and Reid Streets.
Streets will reopen at the conclusion of the ceremony at around 12:00pm.
Invited guests will lay wreaths including:
· The Governor;
· The Honourable Premier;
· The Leader of the Opposition;
· A representative for all War Veterans and service persons;
· A member of the Corporation of Hamilton;
· A representative for the Allied Nations; and
· A representative for all uniformed services.
The Royal Bermuda Regiment will support the ceremony with a Guard on parade.
The ceremony can be seen live on Government’s Facebook page – www.facebook.com/bermudagovernment and will be shown throughout the day and rest of the week on CITV.