News Release: HAMILTON, Bermuda – The Ministry of Public Works is advising that due to the Remembrance Day holiday on Wednesday, November 11, garbage will not be collected on that day.
Collection days for the 11, 12, and 13 November will be shifted to the next day as follows:
· Garbage normally collected on Wednesday, 11 November will be collected on Thursday, 12 November.
· Garbage normally collected on Thursday, 12 November will be collected on Friday, 13 November.
· Garbage normally collected on Friday, 13 November will be collected on Saturday, 14 November.
The public is also reminded of the garbage collection areas on the aforementioned days:
· Wednesday garbage collection areas include Paget Parish east of Chapel Road, from but not including S Hill and Southcote Road, up to and including T-Street and Kent Avenue in Devonshire Parish. Also included is East Broadway, Cavendish Road, and Pembroke Parish west of Blackwatch Pass.
· Thursday garbage collection areas include Pembroke Parish east of Blackwatch Pass, Devonshire Parish east of T-Street, and all of Smith’s Parish except the area east of Devil’s Hole Hill.
· Friday garbage collection areas include Smith’s Parish east of Devil’s Hole Hill, and all of Hamilton and St. George’s parishes except the Old Towne.
Garbage may also be delivered to the Tynes Bay Waste Treatment Facility, which will be open on Wednesday, 11 November, from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm, and then from 7am to 7pm every day.