News Release: HAMILTON, Bermuda – The Ministry of Public Works is advising that due to the Remembrance Day holiday on Thursday, November 11, garbage will not be collected on that day.
Collection days for the 11 and 12 November will shift to the next day as follows:
- Garbage normally collected on Thursday, 11 November will be collected on Friday, 12 November.
- Garbage normally collected on Friday, 12 November will be collected on Saturday, 13 November.
The public is also reminded of the garbage collection areas for specific days of the week:
· Monday garbage collection areas include all of Sandys Parish and Southampton Parish west up to and including Lighthouse Road from Middle Road to South Road.
· Tuesday garbage collection areas include Southampton Parish east of Lighthouse Road, all of Warwick Parish, and Paget west, up to and including Chapel Road, S Hill, and Southcote Road.
· Wednesday garbage collection areas include Paget Parish east of Chapel Road, from, but not including S Hill and Southcote Road, up to and including T-Street and Kent Avenue in Devonshire Parish. Also included is East Broadway, Cavendish Road, and Pembroke Parish west of Blackwatch Pass.
· Thursday garbage collection areas include Pembroke Parish east of Blackwatch Pass, Devonshire Parish east of T-Street, and all of Smith’s Parish except the area east of Devil’s Hole Hill.
· Friday garbage collection areas include Smith’s Parish east of Devil’s Hole Hill and all of Hamilton and St. George’s parishes except the Old Towne.
Garbage may also be delivered to the Tynes Bay Waste to Energy Facility, which will be open on Thursday, 11 November, from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm, and then from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm every day.