News Release: Hamilton, Bermuda – A sports forum featuring some of Bermuda’s most recognizable athletes will be held next month.
Former English Premier League soccer star Shaun Goater MBE, Olympic diver Katura Horton-Perinchief, former Olympic Triple Jumper Brian Wellman, former professional basketball player Sullivan Phillips and others will headline the Department of Youth, Sport and Recreation’s Sports Conference which takes place from September 6th – 8th at the Bermuda College.
The conference is entitled ‘Reimaging Sports’, and its aim is to provide an opportunity for Bermuda’s sports stakeholders to gain knowledge and enhance their role within sport.
The Minister of Labour, Community Affairs and Sports, Lovitta Foggo said today: “We believe this will be an exciting conference which will offer a number of opportunities for us to understand and appreciate the importance of sports in our community. Some of Bermuda’s most accomplished athletes have lent their time to participate in this event and we are offering a wide range of informative workshops.
“We will focus on a number of aspects relating to sports in Bermuda such as coaching, long-term athlete development, athlete recovery, competition restructuring and various seminars specifically aimed at parents of young established or developing athletes.
Minister Foggo continued: “Overall our conversations during this conference will revolve around the role of sports in Bermuda, where it once was, how sports is currently viewed in our community and what needs to be done to develop it further. So, we very much look forward to welcoming interested individuals to this upcoming conference so that they can share in this important discussion.”
The Deadline for registration is Wednesday, 4th September, 2019. Registration fee for each workshop is $25.00. To register visit www.gov.bm and fill out the form provided. For more information contact Jekon Edness at email@example.com.
The full line-up of workshops and panel discussions are as follows:
- Reimaging Sports Discussion
- Second-Goal Parent: Developing Winners in Life Through Sports
- Opening remarks w/ Sullivan Phillips
- Athletic Scholarship Opportunities in the USA: An Overview
- Long-Term Athlete Development: An Introduction
- Mastery: Coaching for Peak Performance
- Double-Goal Coach: Coaching for Winning & Life Lessons
- Positive Motivation: Getting the Best from Athletes
- Building the Train to Train Adolescent Athlete
- Leading your Organization: Developing a Positive Coaching Culture
- Competition and Restructuring for Sports Organizations: An Introduction
- Becoming a Triple-Impact Competitor
Feature Photos Supplied: Shaun Goater and Katura Horton-Perinchief