News Release: HAMILTON, Bermuda – The Ministry of Public Works is advising that for the Christmas, Boxing Day and New Year’s holidays, waste collection days will change for the weeks of December 21 and 28.
For the week of December 21, Wednesday’s and Thursday’s waste will both be collected on Wednesday, and Friday’s waste will be collected on Thursday. All other waste collection will remain unchanged.
For the week of December 28, Monday’s waste will be collected on Tuesday, Tuesday’s waste collected on Wednesday, and Wednesday’s waste collected on Thursday. Thursday and Friday’s waste will be collected on Saturday allowing for the observance of New Year’s Day on Friday, January 1.
Recycling for the west will be collected on Thursday, December 31 and for the east on Saturday, January 2.
Please place your garbage and recyclables out for collection on your assigned day only.
Public drop-off hours for the Tynes Bay Waste Facility will be as follows:
- Christmas Day (December 25, 2020): CLOSED
- Boxing Day (December 28, 2020): 9 am – 12 pm
- News Year’s Day (January 1, 2021): 9 am -12 pm
The Christmas Tree Collection schedule will be as follows:
- Western parishes: All areas west of Tee Street will be collected on Saturday, January 16, 2021
- Eastern parishes: All areas east of Tee Street, including Pembroke Parish, will be collected on Saturday, January 23, 2021
To download the Garbage and Recycling Schedule, or for more waste management information, please visit the Bermuda Government’s Garbage and Recycling page. You may also join Waste Management on www.facebook.com/recyclebermuda.