Recently, the Minister for the Cabinet Office, Wayne Furbert presented this year’s Public Service Bursary Award Scheme awards to four deserving individuals.
This year’s recipients are:
- TARIQ BASDEN: Bachelor of Business Administration, Accounting – Southern Adventist University
- CHANNA MCGOWAN: Bachelor of Science, Adult Nursing – Middlesex University
- PRECIOUS SMITH: LLM, International and Commercial Law – The University of Buckingham
- DYLAN WARD: HND, Nautical Science – Warsash Maritime Academy
In making the presentation, Minister Furbert said: “The Public Service Bursary Award Scheme identifies qualified individuals who will meet the future needs of Government Departments, thus ensuring a well-trained cadre of people to fill positions within the Public Service.
“The bursaries are valued at $10,000 per annum; not exceeding five (5) years. Today I am pleased to recognize the 4 recipients of the 2019-2020 Bermuda Government Public Service Bursary Awards.
“They are studying in the fields of Accounting, Nursing, Law and Nautical Science.
“Today is a day to celebrate your hard work and and your achievement. And we are pleased to recognize your success. I want to encourage you to continue to strive for excellence and broaden your knowledge, so that when you return home, you are fully equipped with the skills to make a significant contribution to our workforce.”
- Feature Photos Courtesy of DC include: Minister Furbert, Human Resources Director Carlita O’Brien, Human Resources Training Manager, Ashjuana Thomas, and Bursary recipients Tariq Basden, Channa McGowan and the parents of Precious Smith and Dylan Ward