The Ministry of Public Works is advising that it will hold an information session to present detailed designs for the Longbird & Swing Bridges.
The public forum will take place Wednesday, September 26 at Penno’s Wharf at 6pm.
The public will be aware that in 2017, the Government of Bermuda launched a three phase action plan developed by the Ministry:
- Phase I studied the location of the bridges, the topography, the volume and flow of marine and highway traffic and to provide well defined options for each of the two crossings including a Class C cost estimate
- Phase II narrowed the options down to one preferred option for each bridge including a Class B cost estimate, and
- Phase III is to prepare detailed designs, plans and specifications that are 100% complete and ready to be issued for tender with a Class A cost estimate
The new bridges are designed to be unique landmark Bermuda structures which will reflect Bermuda’s unique and welcoming culture. Please see attached for your reference the Minister of Public Works, Lt. Col. David Burch’s previous remarks in December 2017 on bridge infrastructure, where he outlines the proposed upgrades.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)