This past weekend, Premier David Burt, welcomed to the Cabinet Office, the Governor-General’s Deputy of St Kitts and Nevis, Mr. D. Michael Morton JP, with his wife, the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Tourism, Mrs Carlene Henry-Morton.
They were joined by their Bermuda relatives which included former Member of Parliament, Mr Stanley Morton.
Premier Burt stated: “There are many in Bermuda who have family ties in St. Kitts and Nevis.
“In the early 1900s families and individuals moved to Bermuda to work on the Royal Naval Dockyard and other large projects around the Island.
“It was a pleasure to welcome and spend some time with Bermudians and Kittitians and to learn how the Morton family have maintained their connection over the years. Each family has contributed to their respective communities through their dedication to public service.”
- Photos Courtesy of DCI
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)