News Release: HAMILTON, Bermuda – On November 15, at 6.30pm, the Premier & Minister of Finance, David Burt, will host a community engagement meeting to discuss the Government’s recently delivered 2022 Throne Speech. Premier Burt will be joined by the Minister of Health, Kim Wilson and the Minister of Education, Diallo Rabain.
The community conversation takes place at the Warwick Workman’s Club and will invite discussion on a variety of initiatives that are outlined in the 2022 Throne Speech. These include, but are not limited to:
- The Cost of Living and the Cost-of-Living Commission;
- Securing Additional Tourism investment for Bermuda;
- Increasing affordable housing;
- A fairer Social Insurance system;
- Reducing mortgage costs;
- The next steps in Education Reform;
- The formation of the Education Authority;
- The First 1,000 Days Project for Children; and
- The use of Blockchain Technology on the Health Professional Registration Process
The community engagement meeting will be hosted by Mr. Qian Dickinson, and residents are encouraged to attend to learn more about the policies that affect their lives.
Tuesday’s meeting will also be carried via CITV’s YouTube page and on the Government’s FaceBook page.