Premier David Burt celebrated Portugal Day with members of the Portuguese community at the Vasco da Gama Club on Reid Street in Hamilton this weekend.
The Premier was welcomed by Club President Paul Franco (photographed shaking hands) and others for the celebration, who joined with His Excellency the Governor John Rankin; and (from left), Minister of Social Development & Sport, Michael Weeks, the Portuguese Priest of St Theresa’s Roman Catholic Cathedral, Father Julio Blazejewski; Deputy Premier and Minister of Transport and Regulatory Affair, Walter Roban; and, (right) Opposition Leader Jeanne Atherden.
Addressing those gathered, on the day before Portugal Day or the Day of Portugal, Mr Burt said: “One only needs to peruse the historical accounts of Bermuda business or look back over the records of Parliament to see how much the entire island has benefitted from the long history of our association.
- Feature Photo Courtesy of DCI
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)