Police are investigating another early morning road traffic accident that landed two motorcyclists, travelling in opposite directions in hospital.
The accident occurred around 5am on Saturday (July 7th), at a frequent accident spot on South Road in Paget, near the junction with Southcote Road.
A spokesman said: “The riders, believed to be a 61-year-old Hamilton Parish man and a 28-year-old Hamilton Parish woman, were transported to King Edward VII Memorial Hospital via ambulance for treatment of their injuries.
“At last check Saturday evening, both were said to be listed in stable condition on a general ward.”
No other injuries were reported. However, both motorcycles were damaged.
Traffic was diverted away from the area for approximately two hours while the scene was processed.
Inquiries continue and any witnesses are asked to call the main police telephone number 295-0011.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)