Police issued a traffic advisory today to facilitate the cycling and running segments of the 2018 MS Amlin World Triathlon Bermuda this weekend.
The following traffic diversions and road closures in the central parishes (some outside the City of Hamilton) will be in effect from 4am Saturday, 28th April until the conclusion of the day’s events.
The Corporation of Hamilton traffic notice can be found here. A full complement of officers from the Roads Policing Unit will be on duty to assist with traffic management outside the city. However, motorists should anticipate delays and are advised to leave home earlier than usual.
Saturday 28th April: Traffic Diversions & Roads / Sections of Roads Closed
Age Group Races – Morning Races (Scheduled to take place from 7am until 12 noon)
- Crow Lane / East Broadway, Pembroke (closed all day or at least until 8pm)
- Middle Road – between Montpelier Road, Devonshire and Reid Street, City of Hamilton (closed all day or at least until 8pm)
- Pitts Bay Road, Pembroke – closed between Bermudiana Road and Serpentine Road
- Stowe Hill, Paget (will be restricted to residents only)
- Harbour Road, Paget – no vehicles beyond the junction with Lovers Lane
- The Lane, Paget
- Pomander Road, Paget
- Trimingham Hill, Paget – closed from South Roundabout to Crow Lane / East Broadway, Pembroke
- Berry Hill Road / Point Finger Road, Paget junction – traffic will not be able to travel west
- Serpentine Road, Pembroke – closed from Pitts Bay Road to Par-La-Ville Road
Elite Races: (Scheduled to take place from 1:05pm until 6:30pm)
Crow Lane / East Broadway, Pembroke (closed all day or at least until 8pm)
Middle Road – between Montpelier Road, Devonshire and Reid Street, City of Hamilton (closed all day or at least until 8pm)
Pitts Bay Road, Pembroke – closed between Bermudiana Road and Rosemont Avenue
In addition, traffic travelling from western parishes wishing to access the City of Hamilton will be required to travel as far as Tee Street, Devonshire where they can then travel as far as Montpelier Road, Devonshire or take an alternate route via Orange Valley Road, Devonshire. Traffic may also be diverted at the junction of Middle Road and North Shore Road, Smith’s parish as needed.