The following tips were released by Police Media Relations today, in the lead up to what is now officially the eve of Cup Match 2018.
If you see anything suspicious please pass whatever information you have on to the police. This includes but not limited to:
- Suspicious persons in cars or on bikes, with dark colored clothing and with their faces covered or persons lurking around homes or businesses acting suspiciously
- People who have been drinking and acting irrational and belligerent
- Children who are at risk
- Anyone who appears to be spiking or putting foreign substances in drinks at liquor License premises or events, try not to throw away the beverage, keep it for the authorities, alert Bar/event staff and notify police
- If you know of anyone planning any antisocial behavior, contact police
- If you are at a beach party, house party, at Cup Match, or at one of the many events over the Cup Match Holiday Weekend and you sense something is about to happen and you feel unsafe contact event security and if necessary Contact Police
- If you notice anyone on the water operating a watercraft or driving car or riding a motorcycle under the influence of alcohol and or drugs contact police
It should be noted the police because of the anticipated high volume of calls will prioritize calls on the order of importance.
Always remember if you see something, say something.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)