The motoring public is advised that temporary traffic restrictions will be in effect from 10am Friday, 27th April for an elite athletes’ familiarisation ride of the MS Amlin World Triathlon Bermuda cycling racecourse, which is mainly within the City of Hamilton.
Police officers will assist with traffic management to facilitate this familiarisation.
A group of approximately 100 cyclists riding under police escort (consisting of elite male and female triathletes, coaches and event officials), will set off from No. 1 Dock, continuing:
- along Front Street towards North Roundabout
- up Corkscrew Hill on to Middle Road, Devonshire
- west along Middle Road on to Reid Street
- down Queen Street on to Front Street
- along Pitts Bay Road before turning around in the area of Woodbourne Avenue and heading back along Pitts Bay Road to Front Street
They will complete the circuit twice – which is anticipated to take no more than 30 minutes.
The Bermuda Police Service would like to thank the motoring public in advance for their patience and cooperation.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)