Police issued a renewed appeal for information on the third anniversary of the gun murder that claimed the life of Jason Mello on August 19, 2016.
The young man, who was 25, was shot several times at around 7:35pm on Band Room Lane in Pembroke.
The lone gunman was said to be wearing a crash helmet with a dark full-face visor and heavy, dark, winter clothing on a hot August night.
A police spokesman said that would have appeared unusual. The killer had parked his motorcycle further up on Band Room Lane, before he walked down and shot his victim.
“The gunman then returned to his parked motorcycle and rode back out through the St Monica’s Road area,” the spokesman added.
Mr Mello had been taken to the hospital’s Emergency Department in a private car when officers arrived at the scene. He was later pronounced dead just after 8pm.
He is survived by a son and daughter, in addition to numerous relatives and friends.
Anyone with information that will assist in this investigation is urged to contact Detective Sergeant Dean Martin at the Serious Crime Unit on 247-1739, or the confidential Crime Stoppers hotline at 800-8477.