Police today renewed the appeal for witnesses to Tuesday night’s shooting incident on Friswells Road, in what they now confirm to be gang related. However, detectives continue to investigate the circumstances surrounding that incident.
The incident occurred around 10:40pm Tuesday night and while thanking members of the public for their assistance to date, a spokesman renewed the appeal for anyone with information regarding this latest shooting to come forward.
“The Bermuda Police Service is aware of the concerns of area residents and only hours before Tuesday night’s shooting held a community awareness meeting at the National Stadium Pavilion regarding recent anti-social behaviour in the neighbourhood,” he said.
“However, tackling anti-social behaviour is not just a job for the police alone – the support of the community and relevant helping agencies is also vitally important.
“Anyone that has any information regarding Tuesday night’s shooting on Friswells Road – as well as the shooting that occurred around 11:50pm Thursday, September 20th on Roberts Avenue in Devonshire near Derwent Lane South which injured a 28 year old man – is encouraged to call Detective Sergeant Jason Smith on 717-0864.
“Alternatively, anonymous calls can be made to the independent and confidential Crime Stoppers hotline 800-8477, or anonymous tips can be sent through the Crime Stoppers Bermuda website www.crimestoppers.bm.”
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)