Police today urged Bermuda’s motoring public to be vigilant for a male motorcyclist that is both pursuing and demanding money from road users.
A spokesman said: “Recently a number of incidents have been reported to police that a male motorcyclist confronts drivers of motorcars informing them that they were in collision with his motorcycle, resulting in damage, or alternatively crossed into his path, causing him to crash and damage his motorcycle.
“He then demands that the ‘offending’ motorist give him money to repair the alleged damage to his motorcycle, or the police will be notified.
“Some motorists that have been confronted by this individual have complied with his demands, despite the allegations of the male motorcyclist being untrue.”
Police have launched an investigation and “are extremely thankful for the support of the community for the information that has been provided to date”, he added.
“The suspect is described as a brown complexioned Bermudian male of slim build, wearing glasses and a grey helmet. He is approximately 5 feet 6 inches tall, believed to be in his 50s and apparently rides a white or light coloured motorcycle.”
Witnesses or persons with any information regarding these incidents are encouraged to contact the main police telephone number 295-0011.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)