Police and first responders from the Bermuda Fire & Rescue Service, as well as ambulance personnel, were dispatched to another reported single vehicle accident; this time in Sandys, where a man believed to be a 54-year-old Warwick man struck a wall.
Police say the accident occurred around 9pm on Thursday, May 24th in the vicinity of Somerset Bridge, near the junction with Wreck Road.
A police spokesman said the man injured was travelling along the westbound lane of Middle Road.
“The injured man was transported to King Edward VII Memorial Hospital via ambulance for treatment of apparently non-life threatening injuries and later arrested on suspicion of impaired driving.
“An update on his medical condition is anticipated in due course.
“Traffic diversions in the area were in effect for approximately two hours while the relevant police personnel processed the scene,” he added.
Inquiries continue and any witnesses that have not already come forward are asked to contact Constable Mark Raposo on the main police telephone number 295-0011.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)