Another male motorcyclist was injured in a road traffic accident around 10am on Wednesday, June 6.
Police and fellow first responders were dispatched to the reported two vehicle collision at the junction of Middle Road and Corkscrew Hill in Devonshire.
A spokesman said: “It appears that a motorcyclist and a car driver were traveling in opposite directions on Middle Road when the collision occurred, as the driver of the car attempted to turn on to Corkscrew Hill.
“The injured rider, believed to be a 33 year old Southampton man, was transported via ambulance to King Edward VII Memorial Hospital for treatment and at last check this morning (June 7th) was in stable condition on a general ward.
“There were no other injuries reported. However, both vehicles involved were damaged,” he added.
Meanwhile, at last check this morning, the 23-year-old male motorcyclist injured around 10:15pm on Sunday, June 3 in a reported single vehicle crash on Turkey Hill in St George’s remains listed in stable condition in the hospital’s Intensive Care Unit.
Inquiries continue into both accidents. Any witnesses are still asked to call the main police telephone number 295-0011.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)