The Bermuda Police Service has confirmed the death of 84-year-old Lois Simmons and extends sincere condolences to her family and friends.
A police spokesman said: “Ms Simmons – initially said to be 70-years-old – was hurt in a single vehicle car crash that occurred around 4:30pm Friday, May 4th on Middle Road in Southampton near the junction with South Road, when the vehicle she was driving struck a tree in the vicinity of Barnes Corner.
“She was transported via ambulance to King Edward VII Memorial Hospital for treatment but later pronounced dead.
“A Family Liaison Officer has been assigned to assist the deceased’s loved ones at this difficult time.
“Police are not currently classifying this incident as a road traffic fatality, until cause of death has been determined by an autopsy.
“The investigation continues and any witnesses to Friday afternoon’s crash that have not already come forward are asked to contact the main police telephone number 295-0011.”
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)