A female motorcyclist and her pillion passenger were rushed to the hospital’s Emergency Department, with serious leg and foot injuries this morning, following a road traffic collision with a car.
Police and first responders were dispatched to the scene a few minutes after 10am, on South Road in Paget, ten metres east of the Elbow Beach entrance.
A spokesman said: “It appears that a car was travelling west and a motorcycle with a female rider and a pillion passenger was travelling in an easterly direction, when it appears that the rider of the cycle collided with the car.
“As a result, the rider and her passenger were taken to the hospital with the rider suffering serious leg and foot injuries and the pillion passenger appears to have non-life-threatening injuries.”
The area was been cordoned off while the relevant officers processed the scene.
A full investigation into the collision is now underway.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)