The investigation into the brutal murder of Jordan Outerbridge on Tuesday night (April 6) “continues to prove challenging” as police work “to identify a possible motive for his death”, while “examining the possibility that this may have been a case of mistaken identity”.
This from Detective Superintendent Nicholas Pedro, who said: “We can also report that we have been able to exclude the road traffic collision that occurred in a similar time frame on Middle Road near the entrance to Belmont, as being linked to the shooting.
“We note that there has been a lot of social media chatter suggesting that these two events were connected, we have been able to negate this.
“A full complement of detectives has been interviewing witnesses, and reviewing forensic & digital evidence in the wake of his death.
“We are grateful to those who have had the courage to come forward so far, and still wish to speak to anyone who feels they can assist,” he added.
“This continues to be an incredibly difficult time for Mr. Outerbridge’s family and friends and we are continuing to support them through this tragic event.
“We urge anyone with information to come forward and help us bring these vicious killers to justice.
“Mr Outerbridge’s family needs you to help catch his killers, and we are working feverishly to do so,” he said.
“Please call detectives on 295-0011, 717-0864, or 800-TIPS.