On this International Women’s Day, we are proud to announce the 8 female student authors whose “What does female empowerment mean to you?” 200 word short essays were chosen as the best in our #IWD2019 contest!
- Aaliyah Lee – The Berkeley Institute
- Amirh Wade – The Berkeley Institute
- Emilia Stowe – The Berkeley Institute (not pictured)
- Alexis Lodge – Bermuda High School
- McKenzie-Kohl Tuckett – Warwick Academy (not pictured)
- Katarina Rance – Bermuda High School (not pictured)
- Kimora Waddell-Smith – Clearwater Middle School
- Marley Brown – Bermuda Institute
There were 6 senior school winners (from The Berkeley Institute, Bermuda High School & Warwick Academy) and 2 middle school winners (from Clearwater Middle School & Bermuda Institute).
The young ladies met Commissioner of Police Stephen Corbishley and were given a behind the scenes look at the operation of the Bermuda Police Service by four women in positions of leadership within the organisation – Superintendent Na’imah Astwood, Inspector Tracy Burgess, Detective Inspector Derricka Burns & Detective Inspector Karema Flood.
We thank all students that entered – their essays showed great insight and a commitment to #BalanceforBetter!
- Photo Courtesy of BPS