The following statement was released by One Bermuda Alliance MP and former Premier, Michael Dunkley, the Shadow Minister of Health…
Over recent days COVID news has been depressing and grim to say the least, especially with two deaths announced on Sunday night. Our deepest sympathy and condolences to the families and friends of the deceased.
Sadly, many in our community feel the Government recently has fallen short in releasing the latest updates in a timely fashion.
- recent testing results and time frames they relate to
- full disclosure of hospitalizations at this time
- when government expects this “spike” to diminish
- plans to dispel vaccine hesitancy as rumors are raising concerns about the vaccine and will make herd immunity more difficult to achieve
- the current availability of vaccines supplies
- next vaccine shipments numbers and arrival dates
- any consideration of vaccine “incentives”
- sternly dispel false information circulating in the community
- an update on the adherence to Covid regulations and restrictions over the holiday weekend.
- what is being done to assure the CDC and the US we have plans to get this drastic spike under control.