News Release: Hamilton, Bermuda – Starting today, nominations are sought for Bermuda’s best in technology in four specific categories: International Market Innovation, Local Market Innovation, Most Innovative Youth Project and Most Innovative Mobile Application. Nominations may be submitted through the Tech Awards website,.
Speaking about technology innovation, Premier David Burt said: “Although Bermuda is a small island, we have a wealth of talent and a long history of innovation.
“The TechAwards celebrate those advancements and achievements of Bermuda residents and Bermuda-based organizations which have provided notable technology solutions to Bermuda and its residents. If you are aware of an innovative product or tool in Bermuda, I encourage you to submit a nomination for a TechAward.”
Since 2007, the Department of ICT Policy and Innovation has recognized the best Bermuda-based companies and products which have made their mark, often on the global stage, with the Bermuda Technology Innovation Awards, otherwise known as TechAwards.
Once submitted by the public, nominations are carefully evaluated by the Tech Awards Committee. Those that meet the criteria are then invited to present to a panel of judges from the local ICT industry. The top five finishers in each category are to be recognized during the Awards Presentations, which will be held on October 14th as a part of Bermuda Tech Week,.
Dr Marisa Stones, Director of ICT Policy & Innovation stated: “This year, the TechAwards will be held during Tech Week, allowing us to turn our collective attention to emerging and ground-breaking technologies and technological developments.
“As we celebrate innovation on the Island in its various forms, I encourage the community to join the effort to recognise and celebrate those who are providing solutions and making our lives better thanks to technology.”
Have you developed an innovative technological advancement, or do you know of one? From now until September 30th, nominate your favourites at!
2018 Technology Innovation Award Winners
- Most Innovative Mobile App: 1st Place Awardee – Aye Yo! Bermuda, — Marquis Caines, Juanee Scott, Mica Murray & Mark Williams
- Most Innovative Youth Project: (Two 1st Place Awardees) – Ethan Clarke & Osiris Buffonge-Hunt — Sandys Secondary Middle School
- Connectech’s Youth Coding Programme – Coral Wells & Zar’a Cardell
- Innovation of the Year – Local Market Focus: (Two 1st Place Awardees) – 1st Place Awardee: Bermuda 100 Challenge: Visualizing Bermuda’s Shipwrecks, — Philippe Rouja & J-P Rouja
- 1st Place Awardee: Five Star Home Delivery – Valachi & Tracey Pearman
- Innovation of the Year – International Market Focus: 1st Place Awardee: Silver Lining Innovations LLC — Kory Logan