Hamilton Princess & Beach Club has launched a special menu to celebrate local food and ingredients, as part of the Made in Bermuda Nights Festival, at Marcus’.
The city hotel has “long been an advocate for buying local produce and fish but has increased its commitment in the last few years”.
A spokesperson said: “The culinary and purchase team at the hotel have strengthened their relationships with local farmers and fishermen and have increased local purchases by 300 percent, compared to the same period last year.
“In June, the hotel hosted a Farm to Table Tour with celebrity chef Marcus Samuelsson, spotlighting some of the local producers that the hotel works closely with. Hamilton Princess & Beach Club have also been offering locally caught lionfish, sourced from BIOS, at special events.”
The new menu includes Salt Cod Bites, with Gosling’s Rum and Coconut Chowder; Kale Salad with Pickled Paw Paw, Miso Garlic Dressing, Raisins and Tucker’s Farm Goat Cheese; Gombey Pepper Jam Glazed Baby Back Pork Ribs with Wadson’s Farm Potato and Corn Salad and Pickled Vegetables; Pan Roasted Snapper Banana ‘Ketchup’, Rice and Peas, Baby Bok Choy.
Dessert is also a local affair, with diners having the choice of either Banana Fritters with Cardamom Sugar and Coffee Ice Cream or the Railway Trail Pimento Leaf Crème Brûlée served with Strawberry Compote.
- Photos Supplied: Marcus’ chefs Danai Hongwanishkul & Richard Zuill holding up a locally caught Yellowtail Tuna (provided by Stephen Cabral) for inspection by Marcus Samuelsson and Chef Marcus with local farmer, Tom Wadson. Both photos taken during the Farm to Table event held last month
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)