News Release: HAMILTON, Bermuda – The Ministry of Public Works is advising that due to the National Heroes’ Day holiday on Monday June 21, garbage will not be collected on that day.
Instead, the public should note that collection days for June 21, 22, 23, 24 and 25 will be shifted to the next day and will be as follows:
- Garbage normally collected on Monday, 21 June will be collected on Tuesday, June 22
- Garbage normally collected on Tuesday, 22 June will be collected on Wednesday, June 23
- Garbage normally collected on Wednesday, 23 June will be collected on Thursday, June 24
- Garbage normally collected on Thursday, 24 June will be collected on Friday, June 25
- Garbage normally collected on Friday, 25 June will be collected on Saturday, June 26
The public is also reminded of the garbage collection areas on the aforementioned days:
- Monday garbage collection areas include all of Sandys Parish and Southampton Parish west up to and including Lighthouse Road from Middle Road to South Road.
- Tuesday garbage collection areas include Southampton Parish east of Lighthouse Road, all of Warwick Parish, and Paget west up to and including Chapel Road, S Hill and Southcote Road.
- Wednesday garbage collection areas include Paget Parish east of Chapel Road, from but not including S Hill and Southcote Road, up to and including T-Street and Kent Avenue in Devonshire Parish. Also included is East Broadway, Cavendish Road, and Pembroke Parish west of Blackwatch Pass.
- Thursday garbage collection areas include Pembroke Parish east of Blackwatch Pass, Devonshire Parish east of T-Street, and all of Smith’s Parish except the area east of Devil’s Hole Hill.
- Friday garbage collection areas include Smith’s Parish east of Devil’s Hole Hill, and all of Hamilton and St George’s parishes except the Old Towne.
Garbage may also be delivered to the Tynes Bay Public Drop-Off, which will be open on Monday, 21 June, from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm, and then from 7am to 7pm every day.