News Release: St George’s, Bermuda, September 30, 2019 – Four Bermudian companies have been awarded sub-contracts in the new airport terminal building related to flooring, painting, excavation and masonry works.
Frank Ross, Aecon’s Executive Director, Infrastructure, said: “We are pleased again to award more Bermudian companies with sub-contracts for the Airport Redevelopment Project.
“The important work these companies will perform marks an exciting phase in the construction of the new airport terminal.”
The companies awarded sub-contracts:
- Stafford Flooring will perform carpet and vinyl flooring installation
- Mathias Pro Contractors has been awarded a contract for painting work
- The concrete tank construction for the waste water treatment plant was awarded to Correia Construction Ltd. The contract also includes installation of sidewalks and curbs
- D&J Construction was awarded a stucco wall treatment contract for ancillary buildings including the gatehouse, concessions building, and water feature
The redevelopment at LF Wade International Airport, which was recently recognised with the IJIGlobal Magazine Award for the ‘2017 North America Airport Deal of the Year,’ is expected to be completed in 2020.
- About Bermuda Skyport Corporation Limited Bermuda Skyport Corporation Limited is a special-purpose Bermudian company wholly owned by Aecon Concessions. Skyport is responsible for the LF Wade International Airport’s operations, maintenance and commercial functions. Skyport also manages the delivery of the redevelopment project over a 30-year concession term and is overseeing the construction of a new terminal. The new airport terminal is targeted for completion in 2020