More closures and advisories have been announced since the last Emergency Measures Organisation’s (EMO) update was issued on Tuesday.
After the latest EMO update on Hurricane Humberto, Colonial Insurance will 3pm Wednesday September 18th. The company intends to open as normal on Thursday, September 19th unless the EMO advises otherwise.
BUEI’s Ocean Discovery Centre will be CLOSED on Wednesday, September 18th and will plan to re-open when it is safe to do so. Harbourfront Restaurant will be OPEN for Lunch but will be CLOSED for Dinner. Please note the film Maidentrip scheduled for 7:30pm on Wednesday, September 18th will now be shown on Wednesday, October 9th at 7:30pm. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Saltus will close from lunchtime on Wednesday, September 18th for hurricane preparations. Parents have been advised of staggered pick-up times to ease traffic congestion. All after school activities will be cancelled, including after school care. Saltus will remain closed on Thursday, 19th September for assessment of damages. Parents should expect the school to re-open on Friday, 20th September as usual unless otherwise advised. Additional announcements will be posted on SaltusLive and other media if needed.
- The National Sports Centre will close at 12:00pm today (Wednesday) and will remain closed all day Thursday, reopening on Friday morning as usual.
All public schools, Bermuda High School, Bermuda Institute, Mount Saint Agnes Academy, Somersfield Academy, Saltus Grammar School and Warwick Academy will also close early today and remain closed on Thursday.
- Ferry service will end at noon today, while the last bus will leave Hamilton at 4pm.
- Butterfield banking centres will close at 11.30am today, while other Butterfield branches will close at noon and remain closed on Thursday & HSBC St George’s branch will close at 11am today, with the Somerset, Church Street and Harbourview Centre branches to shut at 11.30am. All will remain closed Thursday.
- British Airways flights between Bermuda and London today are cancelled.
- The Hamilton Docks will be closed today.
- A town hall meeting on comprehensive immigration reform, scheduled to be held tomorrow, has been postponed.
- Both the Carnival Pride and the AIDAluna have cancelled scheduled visits to Bermuda, while Carnival Sunrise has delayed its trip to the island.
We will be updating this list as necessary as the day progresses.