The Ministry of Education is now accepting applications for the 2019 Bermuda to St Andrews Scholarship.
A Ministry spokesperson noted that “this scholarship was made possible by the generous donation of long-time Bermuda resident, Mr Chris Maybury and Mr Karim Alibhai, principal of GenCom, the owner of Rosewood Bermuda”.
“Founded in 1413, the University of St. Andrews is Scotland’s oldest university. A highly competitive institution, it offers more than 900 degree courses, organised across four faculties: Arts, Divinity, Medicine, and Science. It is located 90 minutes from Edinburgh in the town of St. Andrews.
“Valued at up to £22,900 annually for 4 years, the scholarship covers tuition, accommodation, food, return airfare and a computer. The donors were determined that the scholarship recipient should not have to worry about funding, but instead focus on their studies and successful completion of their degree programme at the University of St. Andrews.
“In order to be eligible, applicants must:
1. Be graduating or have graduated from senior school
- 2. Not be attending university abroad or have an undergraduate degree
- 3. Be not older than 25 years on September 1st, 2019
- 4. Have a track record of high academic achievement, including a minimum GPA of 3.0
- 5. Have demonstrated academic achievement commensurate with the requirements of acceptance to the University of St. Andrews [e.g. external examinations such as Advanced Subsidiary [AS]/Advanced Placement [AP]/Scholastic Achievement Test [SAT]/ACT, good grades in post-secondary courses or obtained the Bermuda College’s Associate of Arts Degree with good grades]
- 6. Have applied to the University of St. Andrews prior to making a scholarship application
- 7. Have participated in extra-curricular and community service in school and/or the community.
- 8. Be Bermudian
- 9. Have attended school in Bermuda for at least 5 years, and
- 10. Demonstrate financial need.
“To apply for this scholarship, students must first apply directly to the University of St. Andrews here. Students can then submit their scholarship application on Bermudascholarships.com by the deadline of Tuesday April 30th, 2019.
“More detailed information on the Bermuda to St. Andrews Scholarship, including eligibility and application requirements are available at www.moed.bm or www.Bermudascholarships.com. Questions can be emailed to: email@example.com.”