News Release, Hamilton, Bermuda – Minister for the Cabinet Office, Wayne Furbert today confirmed that the November 2019 Retail Sales Index decreased again.
The Minister explained: “After adjusting for the retail sales rate of inflation, measured at 1.1 percent in November, the overall volume of local retail sales decreased 3.2 percent.
“Meanwhile, total selected overseas declarations increased 9.3 percent in November 2019 compared to November 2018. Overseas declarations includes imports received via courier, residents through the airport, households by sea and the post office.”
Highlighted below are the November 2019 year-over-year changes for each of the seven local retail sectors:
- Motor Vehicle Stores’ sales volume decreased 18.6 percent
- Apparel Stores’ sales volume declined 16.2 percent
- Building Material Stores’ sales volume declined 10.7 percent
- Service Stations’ sales volume decreased 4.4 percent
- Liquor Stores’ sales volume decreased 3.4 percent
- All Other Store Types’ sales volume decreased 0.3 percent
- Food Stores’ sales volume increased 0.6 percent
The November 2019 Retail Sales Index publication is available online at https://www.gov.bm/retail-sales-index-rsi.