The 63-year-old Warwick man injured in a marine accident involving the sailing vessel ‘Spirit of Bermuda’ and a smaller boat, has been treated and released from the hospital.
The accident occurred sometime between 9pm and 10pm Friday, July 6th in Hamilton Harbour. The man injured was a passenger on the smaller boat at the time.
No other injuries were reported and damage to both vessels involved is being assessed, but is not believed to be significant at this time.
Meanwhile, inquiries continue by the Marine Police Unit and any witnesses or persons with relevant information are still asked to call the main police telephone number 295-0011.
And two motorcyclists injured in a collision on South Road in Paget this morning (July 9th), remain listed in stable condition on a general ward.
The accident occurred around 5am on Saturday, July 7 near the junction with Southcote Road.
A spokesman said: “A 61-year-old Hamilton Parish man and a 28-year-old Hamilton Parish woman – each continued to recover in stable condition on a general ward at the hospital.
“Inquiries continue and any witnesses are now asked to call Constable Anthony Smith on the main police telephone number 295-0011.”
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)