Bermuda’s double gold and silver medalist in the 2019 Parapan American Games, Jessica Lewis has been shortlisted for the Best Female Athlete of August.
Lewis fans have until October 3 to place their votes online.
The Americas Paralympic Committee (IPC) says: “In lieu of the Americas Athlete of the Month award for August, the honour is being separated into three different categories – Best Female Athlete, Best Male Athlete and Best Team – based on results at Lima 2019.
Ms Lewis secured two gold medals, a silver medal and set a new record with the best-ever showing by Bermuda in the Parapan Games this year.
The Paralympic website said Ms Lewis “enjoyed her best Parapan American performance ever with golds in the 100m and 400m T53, and silver in 800m T53”.
“Nominations are compiled from submissions by National Paralympic Committees (NPCs) from across the continent.”
The 2019 Americas Athlete of the Month winners are:
• January – Johanna Sossa and Johana Martinez, Colombia, wheelchair tennis
• February – Rebeca Valenzuela Alvarez, Mexico, athletics
• March – Matias Pino, Chile, table tennis
• April – Daniel Martins, Brazil, athletics
• May – Sherman Guity, Costa Rica, athletics
• June – Luis Flores, Chile, table tennis
• July – Juan Carlos Garrido, Chile, powerlifting
You can vote for Ms Lewis online here on the Paralympic website.