News Release: HAMILTON, Bermuda – The Ministry of Public Works advises that due to the Labour Day holiday on Monday, September 6, garbage will not be collected on that day.
Garbage collection days for the 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 September will shift to the next day as follows:
· Monday, September 6 will be collected on Tuesday, September 7
· Tuesday, September 7 will be collected on Wednesday, September 8
· Wednesday, September 8 will be collected on Thursday, September 9
· Thursday, September 9 will be collected on Friday, September 10
· Friday, September 10 will be collected on Saturday, September 11
The public is also reminded of the garbage collection areas for specific days of the week:
· Monday garbage collection areas include all of Sandys Parish and Southampton Parish west up to and including Lighthouse Road from Middle Road to South Road.
· Tuesday garbage collection areas include Southampton Parish east of Lighthouse Road, all of Warwick Parish, and Paget west, up to and including Chapel Road, S Hill, and Southcote Road.
· Wednesday garbage collection areas include Paget Parish east of Chapel Road, from, but not including S Hill and Southcote Road, up to and including T-Street and Kent Avenue in Devonshire Parish. Also included is East Broadway, Cavendish Road, and Pembroke Parish west of Blackwatch Pass.
· Thursday garbage collection areas include Pembroke Parish east of Blackwatch Pass, Devonshire Parish east of T-Street, and all of Smith’s Parish except the area east of Devil’s Hole Hill.
· Friday garbage collection areas include Smith’s Parish east of Devil’s Hole Hill and all of Hamilton and St. George’s parishes except the Old Towne.
Garbage may also be delivered to the Tynes Bay Waste to Energy Facility, which will be open on Monday, 6 September, from 9am to 12pm, and then from 7am to 7pm every day.