- In recognition of the winning entries by eight Middle and Senior School Female Students who entered the BPS Short Essay Contest in Honour of International Women’s Day 2019, Bermuda Real will feature each of the winning submissions, with the essay by S4 student at The Berkeley Institute, Amirh Wade
Female Empowerment by Amirh Wade
- The eight Female Student #IWD2019 Short Essay Contest Winners Recognised were: Aaliyah Lee – The Berkeley Institute, Amirh Wade – The Berkeley Institute, Emilia Stowe – The Berkeley Institute (not pictured), Alexis Lodge – Bermuda High School, McKenzie-Kohl Tuckett – Warwick Academy (not pictured), Katarina Rance – Bermuda High School (not pictured), Kimora Waddell-Smith – Clearwater Middle School, Marley Brown – Bermuda Institute
- There were 6 senior school winners (from The Berkeley Institute, Bermuda High School & Warwick Academy) and 2 middle school winners (from Clearwater Middle School & Bermuda Institute)
- The young ladies met Commissioner of Police Stephen Corbishley and were given a behind the scenes look at the operation of the Bermuda Police Service by four women in positions of leadership within the organisation – Superintendent Na’imah Astwood, Inspector Tracy Burgess, Detective Inspector Derricka Burns & Detective Inspector Karema Flood
- BPS thanks all students that entered – their essays showed great insight and a commitment to #BalanceforBetter!