News Release: HAMILTON, Bermuda – The Cabinet Office today outlined the events taking place to mark Her Majesty The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
In the UK, The Platinum Jubilee Central Weekend takes place from June 2 – 5, and throughout the Commonwealth and the Overseas Territories there are number of events planned.
The local events are as follows:
- On June 2, Her Excellency the Governor, Rena Lalgie, and her husband, Mr. Jacob Hawkins, will host the Queen’s Birthday and Platinum Jubilee Reception at Government House;
- On June 3, Her Excellency the Governor, Rena Lalgie, and the Premier, the Hon. David Burt, will plant two trees to mark the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee;
- On June 4, the annual Queen’s Birthday Parade will take place along Front Street and will feature marching units from the RBR, the RBR Band & Corps of Drums, the Bermuda Police Service the RBR Junior Leaders and the Bermuda Sea Cadet Corps. Her Excellency the Governor will also present representatives of the uniformed services with the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Medal;
- On June 5, a Service of Thanksgiving will be held at the Cathedral of the Most Holy Trinity, Hamilton; and
- On June 12, St. Peter’s Church, St. George’s will host a Service to mark The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee and the Tenth Anniversary of the Intituling of St Peter’s Church as “Their Majesties Chappell”.