News Release: HAMILTON, Bermuda – The Minister of Youth, Culture and Sports, Dr Ernest Peets confirmed that Government will be facilitating its 50th annual Summer Day Camp Programme starting July 5.
Online registration for Summer Day Camp begins May 26 at 9.30am.
This year’s camp cost is $60 per week, and children aged 4 – 14 years-old will be accommodated.
Parents are invited to contact the Department of Youth, Sport and Recreation at 295-0855, or visit www.gov.bm to enroll their children. Contactless payment can be done online.
Minister Peets said: “Parents can be assured that the safety of our young people and staff are our highest priority. We have instituted protocols that are in keeping with the Ministry of Health’s guidance, and we are pleased to be able to offer our annual summer camp for our young people during these challenging times.”
As an assurance, the Department outlined some of its health and safety protocols for this year’s summer camp:
- A thorough screening process is in place for children and staff.
- All cleaning procedures and measures outlined by the Department of Health will be implemented.
- All staff overseeing the Summer Camps have undergone rigourous health and safety training.
- Ensuring physical distancing of young people.
This year’s Summer Camps are as follows:
Pre-school Plus Locations
- Head Start – Dalton E. Tucker
- Fresh Start – Francis Patton Primary
- Smart Start – Northlands Primary
Primary School Locations
- Hibiscus – Elliot Primary
- Bermudez – West Pembroke Primary
- Pontoon – Gilbert Institute
- Onions – Central Zone Community Centre
- Gombeys – Western Zone Community Center
- *Loquats – Eastern Zone Community Centre (This camps will service preschool campers of siblings only.)
Middle School Locations
- Girls to Ladies – Dellwood Middle School
- Boys to Men – Dellwood Middle School
- Loquats – Eastern Zone Community Centre