News Release: HAMILTON, Bermuda – The Bermuda Government is currently accepting applications for the 2023 Public Service Bursary Award Scheme. The deadline for applications is April 28, 2023.
The Public Service Bursary Award Scheme provides funding to Bermudians pursuing post-secondary academic qualifications in a discipline identified to meet future needs of Government Departments. This ensures a well-trained selection of individuals to fill positions within the Public Service. The bursaries are valued at $20,000 per annum; not exceeding five (5) years.
- Management Accountant
- Government Analyst (Forensic)
- Associate Management Services Partner
- Dental Officer
- Speech Language Pathologist
- Ministry Comptroller
- Operations Engineer
- Estates Surveyor (Trainee)
- Civil Engineer (Trainee)
To be considered for a Bursary Award, applicants must:
- Be Bermudian
- Have completed no less than 5 years of schooling in Bermuda
- Be 40 years of age or under, at date of application
- Have been accepted into an institution of higher learning or currently be undertaking courses leading to a professional, specialist or technical qualification required within the Public Service
- Be in an Undergraduate or Master’s Degree programme; and
- Be planning a career in the Public Service upon completion of their education
Bursaries are awarded by the Public Service Commission (PSC) to selected applicants enrolled in courses of study at a university, college, or other training institution, in order to acquire professional or technical qualifications. The award is a contribution towards the student’s expenses and not expected to cover all costs. Other expenses, whether living expenses or tuition are the responsibility of the student.
For more information on applying for the 2023Bursary Awards, visit the following:
- Application Form: https://forms.gov.bm/Bursary
- Email queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org