News Release: HAMILTON, Bermuda – The Bermuda Government reminded that it is currently accepting applications for the 2021 Public Service Bursary Award Scheme, and has extended the submission deadline to May 14, 2021.
The Public Service Bursary Award Scheme provides funding to Bermudians pursuing post-secondary academic qualifications in a discipline identified to meet future needs of Government Departments. This ensures a well-trained cadre of people to fill positions within the Public Service. The bursaries are valued at $20,000 per annum; not exceeding five (5) years.
Applications for the Bursaries can be downloaded from https://www.gov.bm/online-services/public-service-bursary-award-scheme
The closing date for receipt of applications is May 14, 2021.
The Bursaries are awarded by the Public Service Commission (PSC) to selected applicants enrolled in courses of study at a university, college or other training institution, in order to acquire professional or technical qualifications.
The award is a contribution towards the student’s expenses and not expected to cover all costs. Other expenses, whether living expenses or tuition are the responsibility of the student.
To be considered for a Bursary Award, applicants must:
- Be Bermudian citizens;
- Have completed no less than 5 years of schooling in Bermuda;
- Be 40 years of age or under, at date of application;
- Have been accepted into an institution of higher learning or currently be undertaking courses leading to a professional, specialist or technical qualification required within the Public Service;
- Be in an Undergraduate or Master’s Degree programme; and
- Be planning a career in the Public Service upon completion of their education.
Only fully completed Bursary applications, regarding the areas of study specified and received by the deadline, will be considered. Forms should be sent to: email@example.com, to arrive no later than 4:45 p.m. May 14, 2021.