News Release: HAMILTON, Bermuda – The Ministry of Labour is pleased to announce a partnership with the Bermuda Landscapers Association and the launch of a joint employment registration drive for landscaping professionals beginning Thursday, September 24, 2020.
Those that are encouraged to register include persons who:
· have previous landscaping/gardening experience in a professional/commercial environment;
· have skills with various gardening techniques, a solid work ethic as well as good time management and teamwork skills;
· have experience working with machinery and equipment;
· like working outdoors, year-round; and
· don’t mind working on weekends.
If you have experience in landscaping and are seeking employment, please contact the Department of Workforce Development by telephone on 297-7714 or e-mail Mrs Susan Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“The Government remains committed to working with stakeholders across the island to help employ Bermudians in all areas,” said the Minister of Labour, Jason Hayward, “This partnership is yet another example of Government and private organizations working together for the betterment of all. I thank the team at Bermuda Landscapers Association for working with us to help get Bermudians reemployed.”
“Should any company or organization be willing and able to provide employment opportunities to Bermudians, I urge you to contact Mr. James Welch at the Department of Workforce Development to begin discussions on how we can work together to make it happen.”