News Release: HAMILTON, Bermuda – A general election has been called for October 1, 2020. Please be advised of the following:
· The new constituency boundaries are in effect. All voters are encouraged to go to the Parliamentary Registry website www.elections.gov.bm. Registers will be available for viewing at the Parliamentary Registry and the local post offices by Monday, August 24, 2020.
· There will be a seven day registration period which will end on Saturday, August 29, 2020 at 5pm. All first time voters or voters who have changes to their details should submit their registration forms during this period.
· Voters can register online on the Parliamentary Registry website at www.elections.gov.bm.
· The Parliamentary Registry will be open to accept registrations on Saturday, August 22, 2020 from 10am – 5pm.
· Voter’s cards and verification letters will not be issued until after the seven day registration period.
The Parliamentary Registry will update the website daily. Please check the website for updates.
The Parliamentary Registry is located on the 3rd floor of Craig Appin House, #8 Wesley Street in Hamilton. Regular business hours are 9am – 5pm daily.
Telephone 293-VOTE (8683) for further assistance.