The Department of Health is encouraging the public’s participation when it hosts its ‘Fitness in the Parks’ initiative, which kicks off on 20th August.
The Department has partnered with local gyms to host this series of free lunch time exercise classes to be offered Monday – Friday from 12:30 – 1:15 PM through 14th September, 2018.
Classes will be held in Victoria Park or Barr’s Bay Park.
The Health Department is hosting Fitness in the Parks as a lead-up to their Celebrating Wellness event on 26th September, 2018 with a view to promote the important role that physical activity and healthy eating play in achieving a healthy lifestyle.
It will also expose attendees to community organizations that share in these initiatives.
The weekly schedule of activities is as follows:
- MONDAYS: Zumba with Inspired Fitness at Victoria Park (20th & 27th August, 10th September)
- TUESDAYS: Cardio Kickboxing with Longevity Athletics Bermuda at Victoria Park (21st & 28th August, 4th & 11th September)
- WEDNESDAYS: Just Dance, Chisel’d or Brazilian Butt with The Athletic Club (TAC) at Victoria Park (22nd & 29th August, 5th & 12th September)
- THURSDAYS: Soca Sweat with Energize! Wellness Solutions at Barr’s Bay Park (23rd & 30th August, 6th & 13th September)
- FRIDAYS: Body Shred or Yoga with Inspired Fitness at Victoria Park (Yoga: 24th August, 7th September | Body Shred 31st August, 14th September)