Times Union: NEW YORK – US travelers soon will be able to vacation again on cruise ships, but with two catches: they will need to show they’ve fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and must travel out of the country before boarding.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention barred cruise ships from picking up passengers in US ports more than a year ago because of the pandemic. The CDC hasn’t yet reversed that decision, despite the large number of Americans who have been vaccinated.
- Top Feature Photo: (FILES) In this file photo taken on March 18, 2020, a cruise ship sails away from Miami Beach in Miami. – After more than a year of frustration, diehard fans of cruise vacations at last sense an end to their Covid-imposed stranding, and many are booking trips as soon as they can. (Photo by CHANDAN KHANNA / AFP) (Photo by CHANDAN KHANNA/AFP via Getty Images) CHANDAN KHANNA, Contributor / AFP via Getty Image
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)