According to Foster Care Coordinator at the Department of Child and Family Services, Selena Simons, two people have completed the process and have children with them. Another couple, who are expats on work permits, are going through the approval process to provide foster care in emergency situations involving infants and toddlers.
- Can you be a child’s advocate?
- Can you be their voice?
- Can you show them how to blend within the rhythm of your own family life – even though they are going through a crisis?
- As a mature adult, are you willing to attend training seminars?
- Are you willing to use online resources to better equip you with tools to do this remarkable job?
- Photos by Stephan Raynor Courtesy of DCI